OHA-AIG September Conference Call Agenda
Date: Friday, September 20, 2019
Time: 1-2:30 PM EST
Facilitator: Heidi Abbey Moyer
Recorder: Volunteer Needed!
Location: Zoom Meeting. To join Zoom, please use https://psu.zoom.us/j/748664192
Alternatively, if you don’t have a webcam and want to connect by phone, please see the following information to join in the call: For iPhone one-tap (US Toll): +16468769923,748664192# or +16699006833,748664192#.
Or Telephone: Dial: +1 646 876 9923 (US Toll) +1 669 900 6833 (US Toll) Meeting ID: 748 664 192
Please Note: This session will be recorded if there is consensus to do so from all participants. Previous discussions that were recorded can be accessed on the group’s Google Drive at this link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zj24JGIACZDbEtNrdisOL-yG8mDD21Jy.
I. Welcome and Brief Introductions (1:00 PM EST)
II. September “Discussion of Practice” (1:10-2:00 PM EST)
Presenter: Dr. Charlie Hardy, Professor of History, West Chester University, and former President of OHA
Topic: “Sonological Competence: How to Communicate Effectively in Sound”
Additional documents for this session: Please find attached to this email a pre-discussion questionnaire (send in to Dr. Hardy by end of day Thursday); a short bio; and an article by Dr. Hardy.
III. Sept Business Meeting (2:00~2:30 PM EST)
1) Updates on previous business:
Annual OHA-AIG Report
SAA-Oral History Section 2019 Meeting —presentation about OHA-AIG
2) Update on OHA-AIG Meeting at the Annual OHA Conference in Salt Lake City, Utah, (October 16-20, 2019)
Committee Meeting Date/Time/ Logistics: Thursday (October 17) 12-1:30 pm. Boxed lunches will be provided for all committee members in attendance.
Steven Sielaff kindly offered to help with room logistics for this meeting since Heidi and Tina are not able to attend the conference in person. However, Heidi and Tina do plan to ‘Zoom’ into the meeting remotely.
3) OHA-AIG web-page on OHA website – proposed changes and discussion: The OHA-AIG has a presence on the OHA website along with OHA committees and the Metadata Task Force. We are the only interest group: https://www.oralhistory.org/about/committees/
The OHA-AIG web-page is our opportunity to let people know who we are, what we do, and how to get involved. The old page needs revising. Here is a link to proposed changes:
OHA-AIG web page edits Aug 2019
4) November 2019 “Discussion of Practice” “Automated Transcription – Part II” (Brad Spry, Webmaster, University of North Carolina at Charlotte; and Allison Schein Holmes, WFMT & Studs Terkel Radio Archive)
5) New Business or Announcements
A big thank you to Dr. Charlie Hardy for a fascinating and informative presentation about sound recordings in all flavors. The session was recorded and can be seen and heard at the link below–highly recommended listening if you missed the session: